The Reading Corner is a monthly series where I share some of my favorite links from around the web, must-read books, and some of the recipes I’ve pinned recently. Pull up a comfy chair and get ready for some fun reads!
Links I Loved
- *With the holidays just around the corner, sweet treats will be in abundance. Now is a great time reduce or eliminate sugar before the holiday craziness sets in. Be sure to check out these tips to kick that sugar habit!
- *Lighting candles in your home is very enjoyable as it continues to get darker earlier at this time of year. The big question is what type of candles to use. Have you given beeswax candles a try?
- *I really enjoyed reading about this natural alternative to aluminum foil. I had never heard of this unique idea before!
- *The issue of vaccinations is always a hot topic. I hadn’t really considered much about the tetanus vaccine before I read this article.
- *Depending on who you talk to, the definition of a health food can vary widely. You’ll want to take a look at these three “health” foods to avoid!
- *I was just chatting with a friend recently about this topic of brown rice vs. white rice. Guess which way I swing these days?
- *I love learning how to make my own staple ingredients, and now there’s a great tutorial on how to make your own homemade peppermint extract.
- *The idea of converting yards and lawns to edible landscapes is very appealing to me. While I don’t have a yard to convert (just my tiny herb garden on my balcony), you can read about how to transform your front lawn. [Read more...]