The Reading Corner is a monthly series where I share some of my favorite links from around the web, must-read books, and some of the recipes I’ve pinned recently. Pull up a comfy chair and get ready for some fun reads!
Links I Loved
- Halloween can present a challenge for real food parents – here’s an interesting article about why you should let your kids eat junk.
- I enjoyed reading about why you’ll want to include cholesterol in your diet for the antioxidant benefits.
- Have you tried making your own make-up? Here’s a fantastic tutorial on how to make homemade mascara.
- Working moms can still get real food on the table with this great survival guide.
- As an admitted Anglophile, I was sad to read that the stereotypes of eating in England are true!
- You can learn how to make your own kefir – it’s a delicious and nutritious drink!
- It’s that time of the year to find your favorite way to cure the common cold. If you end up with a cold, you can try homemade vapor rub.
- Do you like juicing? Here’s a great look at whether or not to juice.
- I love to read about fermenting foods. Be on the lookout for my review of a new book about fermenting next week.
- I’m looking for ways to avoid the dangers of fluoride in my home.
- Reading about iodine supplements made me think that I may need to be increasing that in my own diet.
Must Read Books
- I’ve been enjoying trying these exercises from Thank Your Body’s new ebook, Pain Free.
- The Healthy Living eBook Bundle Sale has a terrific selection of ebooks available. I’ve already read many of them and am looking forward to reading the rest! (Sale ends Friday.)
Recipes I’ve Pinned
- Kimchi Recipe
- Crockpot Butternut Squash
- Fall Apple and Bacon Salad
- Carrot Halva Dessert
- Dehydrating Swiss Chard
- Bacon and Cauliflower Frittata
- Grain-free Gingerbread Cookies
What have been your favorite reads lately?
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. If you purchase anything through these links, I will earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting my site!