I’ve mentioned Dr. Jill’s new Go Grain-Free class a few times lately here on the blog. Can you tell how excited I am about this class?! I have a special preview for you today. Jill has graciously allowed me to share one of her delicious recipes from the class with you.
- 7 – 8 ripe bananas (with brown spots)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 2 large fry pans
- Prep the pan or pans you will use. I use an enamel coated cast iron pan — actually two of them so the cooking goes faster. I have a 12″ and a 10″ pan. Heat should be medium low.
- In a food processor puree the bananas first. In a separate bowl crack the eggs. I do this separately just to make sure no eggshells get into the bowl of the food processor as it is harder to fish them out from there. I use a 14 cup processor and this recipe fills it. If your processor is smaller, do this in two batches.
- Pour the eggs into the bowl of the processor and process.
- Add the ¾ cup of coconut flour to the processor and mix. The batter should not be too loose. Dip a spoon in there and make sure the batter has some body to it. Sometimes if you wait 3 – 4 minutes the batter will thicken up as the coconut flour absorbs the water in it. It can vary slightly, depending upon the size of the eggs and banana.
- Add the rest of the flour if the batter is too thin.
- Put about 1 -2 tablespoons of coconut oil in each pan. These pancakes require a lot of oil to prevent them from sticking. When the oil is melted, spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the large pan and repeat this 6 more times. In the 12″ pan you should get 7 pancakes (6 around the perimeter and one in the middle, each about 2.5″ x 3″). In the 10″ pan you can get 4 pancakes.
- When you see the little bubbles form and the edges brown, you know it is time to flip them. The second side takes less time to cook.
- When nicely browned, remove to a paper towel-lined plate and spoon out more batter. Be sure to add coconut oil each time.
- This batter makes approximately 45 fantastic “silver dollar” pancakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Go Grain-Free Cooking Class
You can sign up with a one-time payment of $149 and get lifetime access to 12 classes. Lifetime access means that once you are enrolled, you can go back again and again to the video lessons and recipes and learn at your own pace. NOTE: This is a special launch price — the price of this class will go up to $199 when this launch period is over.
Discount Coupon Code: Save An Additional $20!
Right now Dr. Jill is offering an extra discount. Use coupon code NOGRAINS and get an additional $20 off! You can get in right now for only $129! This will all expire on October 6.
Click the link below and enter NOGRAINS to get your discount:
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. If you purchase this online class, I will earn a small commission. Thank you for supporting my site!
Photo credits: Real Food Forager