One of the things I love reading about on the web is other people’s real food journeys. It is so encouraging to read someone’s story about how changing to a real food diet has improved their life. I thought it would be fun to host a series of these type of stories right here.
Anyone, whether you have a blog or not, can participate in this series. All you need to do is answer the questions I have listed below and include at least one picture of yourself, ideally in your kitchen or garden. You can send your entries to me at mindy (at) toomanyjarsinmykitchen (dot) com.
I hope you’ll share your own story as an encouragement to others who are just beginning their own jar collection!
And the Jars Begin… Questions
- Blog (if applicable):
- Favorite style of jar (i.e., quart mason jar, pint size jars, etc.):
- How long eating real food:
- Favorite traditional food:
- What was your diet like when you were growing up? Did you eat a Standard American Diet (SAD)? Any traditional food practices, such as including organ meats, fermented veggies, homemade broth, etc.?
- How did you first learn about the Weston A. Price Foundation/Nourishing Traditions?
- How and when did you start implementing these principles in your own diet?
- What was the easiest part of the transition for you?
- What was/is the most challenging?
- What advice would you give to someone who is just starting out on their own real food journey?
Be sure to check back later this week for our first And the Jars Begin… story!
This post is part of Monday Mania, Fat Tuesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Eat Make Grow Thursday, Keep It Real Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, Sunday School.