It’s hard to believe we’re already halfway through January 2012. While I don’t tend to make grand resolutions for the new year, it is helpful to take a look at the direction I would like my life to go for the upcoming year. I thought I would share my health goals with you. It’s quite likely that these will be added to and/or changed as I reevaluate throughout the year.
This is a part of the GAPS protocol that I have really not been doing as of late and I know it is very important as I continue my journey of healing. I’m going to start very gradually for now and then increase the amount of times per week as the year continues.
- Take one detoxing bath per week.
- Make my own vegetable juice once per week.
Another important part of the GAPS regimen that I need to improve. While I do take a couple of probiotics per day, I need to build up to a therapeutic level and continue that for at least 6 months. Part of my problem is that I haven’t taken the time to figure out how much is a therapeutic level. I just need to go look it up!
- Find out the therapeutic level of probiotics.
- Begin slowly building up to that level.
- Maintain level for 6 months.
Some weeks I do a great job at meal planning and keeping on top of making sure I am regularly making the various basics I need in my GAPS kitchen. I would like to really focus on doing that consistently for 2012.
- Spend one day per week making my meal plan.
- Allocate time each week for making the basics I need on hand (i.e., mayo, broth, nut butter, etc.)
- Do a T-Tapp workout ever other day until the end of February
- Continue doing a long workout every second day and incorporate shorter workouts on other days.
I would like to see what else I can be doing, in addition to GAPS, to help improve a couple of my health concerns. In particular, my B12 levels and my thyroid were both recently tested and are on the very low end of normal. The good news is that they are both in the normal range, but I would like to see if I can get my numbers higher for both.
- Read Could it Be B12? (Yea, I already started this one a couple of days ago!)
- Look for articles about B12 and hypothyroidism on the WAPF web site.
- Look for books to read concerning both of these areas.
Well, it looks like I have a few things to do! Looking back over my goals, it seems like the theme of 2012 for me is consistency. I’m looking forward to developing these habits that will help me heal while I continue the GAPS diet throughout this next year.
Did you make any resolutions or set any goals for 2012?